Ætsningsskade i øsofagus efter indtagelse af knapbatteri

Translated title of the contribution: Corrosion damage in oesophagus after digesting a button battery

Jonas Mortensen, Stig Krarup Petersen

Research output: Contribution to journalJournal articleResearchpeer-review

Abstract

Button batteries are present in most households, i.e. in toys, hearing aids and remote controls. Due to technical progression button batteries have become increasingly powerful and have simultaneously increased the risk of severe complications when ingested. In this case report, an X-ray of a ten-month-old baby revealed a button battery trapped in the upper part of oesophagus. The battery was removed within two hours from the time of swallowing, but the battery had inflicted severe damage of the oesophageal mouth. The patient was hospitalized for three days, controlled for three months and showed no signs of swallowing difficulties or other sequelae.
Translated title of the contributionCorrosion damage in oesophagus after digesting a button battery
Original languageDanish
Article numberV10210784
JournalUgeskrift for Laeger
ISSN0041-5782
Publication statusE-pub ahead of print - 11. Apr 2022

Fingerprint

Dive into the research topics of 'Corrosion damage in oesophagus after digesting a button battery'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this