The NeGeV project aims to develop the next generation of HVAC, offering a technological quantum leap in HVAC solutions, demonstrating:
- an innovative, cost-effective and scalable solution to provide thermal comfort
- an unprecedented energy efficiency, reducing electricity consumption by 50-90% on cooling/heating compared to standard use regimens of the best available technology DX cooling with similar capacity, without any use of refrigerants
- Smart Grid integration for cost optimized operations (via aggregator)
This will be achieved by developing
- a PCM-based energy storage module (climate module) with novel heat exchange design and integrated booster function
- advanced integrated controls using complex algorithms to forecast and optimize operation, based on a wide range of data on building latency, outdoor temperature, use patterns etc., making it possible to use building latency, free cooling and the PCM module in combination to optimize energy efficiency and reduce PCM-capacity needs.