Martin Senderovitz, M.Sc. (Econ.), PhD, is Associate Professor at the Department of Entrepreneurship and Relationsship Management at University of Southern Denmark.
The primary research interests are firm growth, effectuation and causation, strategic thinking and management in SMEs and gazelle firms, and sustainable entrepreneurship. Martin Senderovitz has published a number of international peer reviewed journal papers within firm growth, entrepreneurship and SMEs.
He has more than 15 years experience of teaching and lecturing entrepreneurship; strategy; research methodology and philosophy of science; international marketing, organizational mehavior and business negotiation. He has more than ten years of professional experience from the international shipping business and consultancy work within curriculum development, teacher training and international business consultancy.
- Associate Professor, University of Southern Denmark
- Visiting Scholar, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, USA
- Assistant Professor, University of Southern Denmark
- Senior Lecturer, University of Southern Denmark
- Research Fellow, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- International Consultant, learning and business development
- Lecturer, Niels Brock Copenhagen Business College
- PhD in Business Economics, “Entrepreneurial Management and Firm Growth”, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Leadership and Strategy
- Diploma in Teaching and Pedagogics (DEL Voksenpædagogisk uddannelse), Danish Business Teaching Institute
- M.Sc. (Econ), International Business (Cand.merc. International Business), Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management
- Commercial Diploma in Foreign Trade (HD, Udenrigshandel), Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management
- Forwarding Agent (Speditør), Copenhagen Airport
Recent research and dissemination projects
- Research project 2020 – 2024: EU Horizon 2020-MSCA-RISE project. Project leader: ‘Sustainable Entrepreneurship in emergent and developed markets’.
- Research project 2016 – 2020: Public-private innovations; longitudinal study about the dynamic processes of growth intentions and performance of SMEs
- Research project 2014 – 2017: Linear/nonlinear thinking among business students; a longitudinal study
- Dissemination project 2015 – 2016: “Programme for Growth Entrepreneurs” (“Vækstiværksætter-uddannelsen”). Project leader and lecturer for enhancing competences for growth-oriented entrepreneurs and micro firms.
- Research project 2014-2015: Enhancing SME firm growth in a low-growth Region.
Selected list of publications
- Senderovitz M., and Fietze S. (2020), “Tensions in the Triple Bottom Line and the Sustainability Development Goals. A Challenge for Sustainable Entrepreneurship?” Working paper, University of Southern Denmark.
- Senderovitz M., and Evald M. R (2018), Strategizing and Environmental Fit for Small Entrepreneurial Firms in Cross-sectorial Innovation Projects. Full paper presentation at the RENT Conference, Toledo, Spain .
- Senderovitz, M., Klyver K., and Steffens P., (2016), ”Four Years on Are the gazelles still running? A longitudinal study of firm performance after a period of rapid growth", International Small Business Journal, Vol. 34(4), 391–411.
- Senderovitz M., and Evald, M. R. (2016), “Controlling unintended growth: An exploratory study of coping with unintended growth in small and medium-sized firms”, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 21(3), 36-56.
- Aagard, A, and Senderovitz, M., (2015), “Key growth facilitators of SME’s in a low-growth region: A longitudinal study of SME growth facilitation", Danish Journal of Management and Business, Vol. 79(2), 21-34.
- Evald M. R. and Senderovitz M., (2013), “Exploring Internal Corporate Venturing in SMEs – Effectuation at Work in a New Context”, Journal of Enterprising Culture, Vol. 21(3), p. 275-299. 25p. ISSN:
- Senderovitz, M., Klyver, K., and Steffens, P. (2010), “Vækst, profit og strategisk orientering i gazellevirksomheder“, Nordiske Organisasjonsstudier, Vol. 12(2), 45-65.
- Høpner, J., Jørgensen T. B., Andersen T., Sørensen H. B., and Senderovitz M. (2016), Modstillinger i organisations- og ledelsesteori, Hans Reitzels forlag, 3rd edition. ISBN: 978-87-412-5792-1.
- Senderovitz, M., and Andersen T., (2014), Entreprenøriel Ledelse – Et middel til innovation og Vækst, In Human Resource Management, Håndbogen, Børsen Ledelseshåndbøger. ISBN: 978-87-91157-39-4
Selected list of subjects: Teaching experience and curriculum development.
- Entrepreneurship and understanding business, B.Sc. programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- Entrepreneurial Business Development, M.Sc., Global Marketing and Innovation Management programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- New Venture Creation and Market Analysis, M.Sc., Global Marketing and Innovation Management programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- Entrepreneurial Management, M.Sc. Change Management programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- Strategic Management, B.Sc. programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- Strategy and Business Development in SMEs, B.Sc. programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- International Marketing, B.Sc. programme, (Lecturer)
- International Business Negotiation, B.Sc. programme (Subject Director and Lecturer)
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, B.Sc. programme (Lecturer)