Main research topics
Shared Decision Making, patient-provider communication, continuity of care, PROM,
Cancer: rehabilitation, follow-up and diagnostic pathways, organisation and interdisciplinary collaboration, socioeconomic inequality, epidemiology.
Antidepressive agents, physician practice patterns, socioeconomic inequality, compliance, elderly.
Main topics regarding quality development
Patient-provider communication, cross-sectoral cooperation and continuity of care, prevention in primary care, internal organisation of primary care units, reasons for encounter, academic research environment
1993 Qualified medical doctor, University of Copenhagen
2004 PhD: Prescribing of antidepressants: a pharmacoepidemiological study of patient and physician factors in general practice.
2007 Research Management Course, CBS: Copenhagen Business School
2009 Teacher-Training Programme for Assistant Lecturers at the University of Southern Denmark
2020- Senior research and ass. professor, Center for Shared Decision Making, Lillebaelt Hospital, University Hospital of Southern Denmark and Institute of Regional Health Research, University of Southern Denmark
1997-2020 Researcher, Research Unit for General Practice, University of Southern Denmark, from 2009 as ass. professor
2015- The National Corps of External Examiners, the Medical Educations in Denmark, University of Copenhagen
2009 Head of National Research Center of Cancer Rehabilitation Research, University of Southern Denmark
2005-2009 Deputy Head, Research Unit for General Practice, University of Southern Denmark 2004-2005 Senior Researcher, Research Unit for General Practice and Audit Project Odense, Danske Regioner, Odense
2000-2004 PhD student, Research Unit for General Practice and Audit Project Odense, University of Southern Denmark
1997-2004 Research assistant/ PhD student, Research Unit for General Practice and Audit Project Odense, University of Southern Denmark
1993-1995 Registrar at hospitals
- AG Veloso, C Sperling, …, DG Hansen. Unmet needs in cancer rehabilitation during the early cancer trajectory – a nationwide patient survey. Acta Oncol 2013;52:372-381.
- LV Holm, DG Hansen, PV Larsen et al.Social inequality in cancer rehabilitation: a population-based cohort study. Acta Oncol 2013;52:410-422.
- SH Bergholdt, DG Hansen, PV Larsen, et al. A randomised controlled trial to improve general practitioners¹ role in cancer rehabilitation: Effect on patients’ satisfaction with the general practitioner. BMJ Open 2013;3:e002726.
- L Jarlbæk, L Christensen, …, DG Hansen. The epidemiology of long-term and short-term cancer survivors. A population based cohort study exploring denominators for rehabilitation and palliative care programs. Acta Oncol 2014;53(4):493-501.
- Holm LV, Hansen DG, Kragstrup J, et al. Influence of comorbidity on cancer patients’ rehabilitation needs, participation in rehabilitation activities and unmet needs: a population-based cohort study. J Supp Care Cancer 2014 Aug;22(8):2095-105.
- Rottmann N, Hansen DG, Larsen PV, et al. Dyadic Coping Within Couples Dealing With Breast Cancer: A Longitudinal, Population-Based Study. Health Psychology 2015;34(5):486-95.
- Jepsen LØ, Høybye MT, Hansen DG, et al. Outpatient management of intensively treated acute leukemia patients – the patients’ perspective. Support Care Cancer 2016;24(5):2111-8.
- Hvidt EA, Søndergaard J, Hansen DG, et al. ‘We are the barriers’: Danish general practitioners’ interpretations of why the existential and spiritual dimensions are neglected in patient care. Comm Med 2017(14): 108-20.
- Holt KA, Hansen DG, Mogensen O, et al. Self-assessment of goal achievements within a gynaecological cancer rehabilitation counselling. Cancer Nursing 2019(42)1:58-66.
- Assing Hvidt E, Hansen DG, Ammentorp J, et al. Development of the EMAP tool facilitating existential communication between general practitioners and cancer patients, Eur J Gen Pract 2017:261-68
- Nicolaisen A, Hagedoorn M, Hansen DG, et al. The effect of an attachment-oriented couple intervention for breast cancer patients and partners in the early treatment phase. A randomised, controlled trial. Psycho-Oncol 2018;27(3):922-8.
- Jeppesen MM, Jensen PT, Hansen DG, et al. Patient-initiated follow-up affects fear of recurrence and health care use: A randomized trial in early-stage endometrial cancer. BJOG: Int J Obst Gyn 2018;125(13): 1705-14.
- Lund LW, Ammitzbøll G, Hansen DG, et al. Adherence to a long-term progressive resistance training program, combining supervised and home-based exercise for breast cancer patients during adjuvant treatment. Acta Oncol 2019 (58) 650-7. 10.1080/0284186X.2018.1560497
- Jepsen LØ, Friis L, Hansen DG, et al. Living with outpatient management as spouse to intensively treated acute leucemia patients. PLoS One 2019;14(5): e0216821.
- Jepsen LØ, Friis LS, …, Hansen DG. Rehabilitation during intensive treatment of acute leukemia including allogenic stem cell transplantation – a qualitative study of patient experiences. BMJ Open 2019;9:e029470.
- Trabjerg TB, Jensen LH, …, Hansen DG. Investigating whether shared video-based consultations with patients, oncologists, and GPs can benefit patient-centred cancer care: a qualitative study. BJGP Open (2020). DOI: 10.3399/bjgpopen20X101023
- Rosbjerg R, Hansen DG, Zachariae R, et al. The predictive value of return to work self-efficacy for return to work among employees with cancer undergoing chemotherapy. J Occup Rehab 2020;30(4), 665-78.
- Paulsen LH, Bakke LS, …, Hansen DG. Associations between Lifestyle, Erectile Dysfunction and Healthcare Seeking: A population-based study. Sc J Prim Health Care 2020;38(2):176-83.
- Trabjerg TB, Jensen LH, Søndergaard J, Sisler JJ, Hansen DG. Cross-sectoral video consultations in cancer care: perspectives of cancer patients, oncologists and general practitioners. Supp Care Cancer 2021;29:107-16.
- Krørup A, Wehberg S, …, Hansen DG. Spiritual well-being – Validation of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy-Spiritual Well-Being based on a large cohort of Danish cancer survivors. Psychooncol 2020;29(7):1217-23
- Trabjerg TB, Jensen LH, …, Hansen DG. Cross-sectoral video consultations in cancer care. GPs’ evaluation of a randomised controlled trial. BJGP Open 2021;DOI:10.3399/BJGPO.2020.0114
- Kargo A, Jensen PT,…, Hansen DG, Steffensen KD. The PROMova Study comparing active and passive use of patient-reported outcome measures in ovarian cancer follow-up. Effect on patient-perceived involvement, satisfaction with care, and usefulness. Acta Oncol 2021; DOI:10.1080/0284186X.2021.1891281
- Hansen DG, Trabjerg TT, Sisler JJ, et al. Cross-sectoral communication by bringing together cancer patient, general practitioner and oncologist in a video-based consultation. A qualitative study of oncologists’ and nurse specialists’ perspectives. BMJ Open 2021, accepte