Description1. The synthesis of selected secondary metabolites produced by the four major biosynthetic pathway
2. The distribution of secondary metabolites in plants, fungi, marine organisms etc.
3. Biotechnology-based production of biological material and/or secondary metabolites
4. Biological activity of secondary metabolites and their effect, mechanism of action, and function in biological systems
5. Isolation, identification, and quantification of secondary metabolites using chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques
6. Bioassays and the use of bioassays for the isolation of bioactive natural products