Oesophageal foreign body ingestion in children, who do not present with acute symptoms, can be difficult to diagnose, especially if ingestion is unwitnessed. This is a case report of a one-year-old girl with long-term aerodigestive symptoms, primarily treated for pneumonia and asthma with uncertain efficacy. After eight months, a broncho-oesophagoscopy was performed, and it unexpectedly revealed a plastic coin embedded in the oesophageal wall. Removal was successful with rigid oesophagoscopy. In children with unresolved aerodigestive symptoms broncho-oesophagoscopy should be considered.
|Bidragets oversatte titel||Plastic coin in the oesophagus in a one-year-old girl with long-term aerodigestive symptoms|
|Tidsskrift||Ugeskrift for Læger|
|Status||Udgivet - jan. 2021|