Dødelig udgang efter indtag af æselagurk

Sanjeewa Patabendige, Jesper Brink Svendsen, Jan Dominik Kampmann

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

Abstrakt

In this case report, an 83-year-old woman with dementia was admitted to hospital with vomiting and diarrhoea. Her medical history included dementia, atrial fibrillation and seizures. She had accidentally ingested a kind of “fruit”, which was used as part of a flower decoration in her room. When admitted, she was in hypovolaemic shock and hypoxic. The ingested “fruit” was identified as squirting cucumber: Ecballium elaterium, which is known to cause vomiting and diarrhea, according to the Danish poison centre. The patient’s condition deteriorated despite intravenously given fluid and antibiotic treatment for a suspected aspiration pneumonia. She died two hours after admission.
Bidragets oversatte titelDeadly outcome after ingestion of squirting cucumber
OriginalsprogDansk
ArtikelnummerV01190051
TidsskriftUgeskrift for Laeger
Vol/bind181
Udgave nummer3
ISSN0041-5782
StatusUdgivet - 2020

Fingeraftryk

Dyk ned i forskningsemnerne om 'Dødelig udgang efter indtag af æselagurk'. Sammen danner de et unikt fingeraftryk.

Citationsformater