BeskrivelseEmpowerment is a concept that links individual strength and competencies, natural helping systems, and proactive behaviours to social policy and social change. Social policy is supposed to facilitate and enable community development at various levels. The module will deal with:
• Concepts of empowerment constructs; participation, efficacy, power.
• Theories of empowerment which have been developed within the social sciences.
• An empowerment perspective on research.
• Developing empowerment interventions.
• Social structure and agency.